Friday, September 7, 2007

Hike for Youth!

Hey everyone!!

I have found the perfect way for me to combine my love for hiking with my love for community service. It's called the Hike for Youth and it's basically like a walk-a-thon, except you go hiking! (Click the link to find out more.)

The organizations that I am raising money for are five non-profit agencies in the Denver/Boulder area that share the common goal of connecting kids to the outdoors. They focus on taking inner-city at-risk youth from Denver out into the wilderness and focus on not only enjoying the outdoors, but getting educated and fostering personal development as well.

I'll be doing a 6-mile "difficult" hike at Golden Gate State Park in Golden, CO on September 15th. I did this once before in 2004 and it was awesome. I am so excited to do it again, even if I don't raise too much money. At least my $25 registration fee will go somewhere!

So yes, I am soliciting donations. Seriously, any amount helps, and I would be very grateful. Here is the link if you want to donate! Feel free to email me if you want to know more, and if you do decide to donate, thanks!!

http://www.active.com/donate/hikeforyouth07/KezzaHikes




No comments: