Sunday, April 29, 2007

Easter!

Easter is a 4-day weekend here in Australia, as Good Friday and Easter Monday are both public holidays, so me, Ben, Karen and Jaime decided to go for a little mini road trip. Trust me, anything outside of Townsville is good. So we went up to Cairns on Friday night, did a bit of shopping Saturday, and headed up to Karen's home in Atherton which is an hour or so inland, on the other side of the rainforest, near Cairns. It was nice to be in a real home and sit around and watch tv, and basically do nothing, even though I did bring work to do. Oh well. Anyways, here's the pics:



The Pyramid. Mountain outside of Cairns.




At Cairns, on the "Esplanade". Cairns has no beach, just mudflats, so there is a park and a manmade lagoon/pool instead.



Walked down by the marina...Um... nice boat... (Yes, that is noodles attached to it, apparently to keep it floating!)




Podcasting at the hostel...



The lagoon at night



Me and Jaime being "that" couple



Massage at the night markets... 45 minutes, neck, shoulders, back and feet for $15. Almost as good as Thailand!



Jaime's first foot massage



Brekkie the next morning



What the boys did while the girls shopped...



After a long day of shopping....




Finally made it to Kaz's place




It's Easter remember??



I made my world famous chili for dinner...except I had to use some spices I'm not used to and it came out a "bit" spicy. OK, wicked spicy.



Even too spicy for me!



hahaha Betty is struggling...



Beer and bread help!



The next morning Ben and Karen had a trail of chocolate leading out the room Jaime and I slept in....



Easter Bunny? Is that you?



The trail led outside. Apparently someone hid chocolate in the bushes!


The hunt is on.





I think I'm still asleep at this moment. Maybe sleepwalking...



Yep, definitely still asleep...




The stoned M&M



Family portrait



Ahhh... breakfast, shower and coffee.. Now I'm good.



On the way back home we stopped at the Curtain Fig tree. It's pretty much taken over the other very large tree within.






Heading back to Townsville ....


No comments: