Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Stress sucks!!

Sorry for the lack of updates lately. Not only have I reached crunch time on the thesis and have been extremely busy with all of that; but my ibook decided to die a few weeks ago. For good this time. Apparently the logic board is snuffed. Have no idea if it's related to the chicken soup overdose or not. I did buy a nice new shiny macbook, however it is currently sitting in customs awaiting importation and taxes to be paid by me.. or if not if customs decides to send it along because I am overseas student. We shall find out tomorrow.

If I wasn't already stressed about the thesis, having to rely on the computer labs, then the computer being somewhat lost for a while..today I just found out that I will be going on the Undersea Explorer trip on Saturday. This is the boat that I am doing my case study on and is an amazing opportunity.. I mean a free $2500 trip to go diving in some of the best places in the world, including with sharks. I am just SUPER worried that my computer will not arrive by Friday, even though customs has been really nice and helpful and are doing the best they can. If this happens I will have to hire a computer and spend a ton of money that I am not so happy about. Also as much as I am excited about this trip, it also just adds to the stress and takes time away from the writing I need to do. I will definitely try to get as much done in the next few days before I leave so I hopefully can enjoy myself a bit on the trip. Unfortunately it still isn't a vacation in the true sense of the word as I have to be observing and taking mental (and real) notes all of the time.. not to mention analyzing how they do the interpretation and education and all those sorts of things. But at least the diving will be relaxing.

SO much to do before I leave. I think I better go make a list.

Anyone with any great stress management/relief techniques, now is the time to hand em over!!!

By the way, HERE is a link to the trip I will be going on!

1 comment:

mimosa said...

Wait, wait, wait! You're diving with sharks?! When did you get so bad ass? That sounds incredible (and terrifying). Can't wait to hear about it.

Good luck with customs!