Sunday, October 26, 2008

Gregory Canyon Hike

Thanks to my new programmable coffee-maker, I actually got up at a decent time today. You just can't beat having a pot of hot coffee waiting for you in the morning. Today was perfect hiking weather. About 55-60 degrees, with a bit of a chill in the air. I took a while deciding which hike to do (such a dilemma, I know.) Finally decided on a 5-mile Gregory Canyon loop. Up a canyon and then back down in a round-about way. It was perfect. Took me about 2.5 hours. The leaves are still turning colors, it was a great little workout, and the trail wasn't very crowded. It was also very scenic. My favorite part was after a long time of climbing up, I rounded a bend and was surprised/rewarded with a beautiful panoramic view of the Divide to the west and north, including Longs Peak.

Anyways - here's the pics! Time to go veg out.

No comments: