Monday, April 6, 2009

Top Ten Things I Learned While on Crutches

  1. Don't put the keg next to the Irish girl on crutches.
  2. Enjoy the pity party while it lasts.
  3. If you can play it drunk, you can kick ass at it on one foot (pool, air hockey, etc.). Just ask James!
  4. Go with the flow, and limit expectations. I *might* be able to start walking on Thursday, but I might not. I can't control it, so there's no point in getting upset about it.
  5. Walking is NOT overrated.
  6. Boulder is amazingly shitty when it comes to handicapped accessibility/parking.
  7. Hiking is an extremely important part of my mental well-being.
  8. Being carried to/from/around bars is humbling, but fun.
  9. Apparently, I like to put myself in challenging situations to see how I'll react.
  10. This spring/summer is going to fucking AWESOME. Boulder, you've been warned. (For a preview of the madness yet to come, check out these pics from Saturday.)

1 comment:

kaplow! said...

very well-thought-out and logical. especially the being drunk / standing on one foot analogy! =D

see you in 6 days! i'm going to make todd carry you everywhere. just cuz it'll be funny.