Friday, March 20, 2009

Go Orange!

New shirt from ebay to replace my long lost vintage SU basketball t-shirt:


BTW, does anyone else find it ironic that the SU mascot is an orange?? Well, an orange-man. Seems more appropriate for a place like Florida or California. If I had to choose an appropriate Syracuse icon, it would definitely be something snow related. The Syracuse Snowflakes ... or Syracuse Blizzard are both intimidating to me. Don't find snowflakes intimidating? Have you ever seen palm-sized lake effect flakes falling at a rate of 2 inches per hour??? I also like Blizzard because it reminds me of a frozen dairy treat, and we all know Syracusans like to eat. Anyone got any other good Syracuse mascot suggestions?? Kaplow, I know you've gotta have a couple!!

(I do have to say though, that Orangemen is MUCH better than Sky Chiefs. WTF?)

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I knew Blizzard sounded familiar. Buffalo once had a soccer team with that name. I've seen the jerseys at local restaurants.

You're right though something "wintery" would be better fitting for Syracuse.

edit: i just wikied the team and apparently they were the Saltine Warriors until 1982...so more fiitting but less politically correct

Anonymous said...

man, so much pressure! feeling....so.....uncreative....

81Trucolors said...

This is a sweet shirt.