Thursday, March 5, 2009

Three Week Update

It has officially been three weeks since surgery-day! This week's milestone was that the steri-strips got to come off! So my foot almost looks normal. Minus the swelling and incisions.

No blog posts, because I really didn't do anything exciting this week. Went back to the Mountain Sun for the end of Stout Month on Sunday, and that's about it. I also went back to work this week. Boo. It was exhausting at first... I think more mentally than anything, but now it feels like normal again. I have to wake up a bit earlier so I can ice my foot in the morning, but other than that, it's the same. I've also been doing some stretching exercises of my ankle and toes. The jury is still out on whether I'll need physical therapy or not. I guess it depends on how my range of movement is when I go back in 4 weeks for my next check-up. But so far it seems pretty good. I have no idea what is expected or normal at this stage, but I can wiggle all of my toes! It took a good 15 minutes of concentration and effort on Saturday, but finally my toe twitched! It was very exciting. Can I really go from toe-twitching to climbing a 14er in a matter of months?? I'd like to think so :-)

Here is the updated before/after album with week 3 pics. Check out how much the swelling has gone down!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i can't believe how healthy your foot looks, considering all that was done to it! you're an impressive healer!