Tuesday, February 13, 2007

How to make an ass out of yourself

Surprise, surprise....I made the biggest ass out of myself yesterday. I seem to have a talent for this, btw. We have this lime tree in my backyard, and when I came back from break there were all these HUGE overripe limes on it, and because of that none of the little ones were growing. So i went around the other day and picked like 20lbs of these huge fruits off and threw them out...

So yesterday my roommate was checking out the tree and I went out there and told her what I'd done and she was just like "OK cool" but looked at me kinda funny.

Then she starts talking about how the passionfruit bush is taking over the lime tree... and i was like "passionfruit? where?" and she points to one of the "big limes". Talk about DOH. Luckily I left some on the tree that I couldn't reach, but man I felt like such a dumbass. In my defense tho, I've never even seen a passionfruit, let alone have one growing in my backyard. Good thing she didn't see the 20lbs of them sitting in the trash!!!

I think I gotta go buy a bunch of passionfruits now for my roomie's birthday cocktail party so she can make her passion-tini's..... sheesh.

No comments: