Thursday, February 1, 2007

Australia Day

January 26th is Australia Day, which is their equivalent to July 4th. It would have been nice to get down to the beach and have a BBQ, but only 2 of my friends are in town at the moment, and it was raining all day anyways. Luckily by the afternoon/evening the rain went away and although it got super humid, it was pretty nice out. So Karen and I went down to town and hit up some wine and appetizers, and then went to meet her friend Holly at a bar where Holly's boyfriend's band was playing. It was LOUD.. louder than Rose Hill Drive for those of you that know, and I definitely needed toilet paper ear plugs. Yes, I am getting old. They played alot of grunge covers.. Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, STP, Nirvana, etc. They were pretty good. I don't hear those songs played live in a bar much, unless it's George singing karaoke. Took a bunch of pictures, got pretty drunk somehow.. I say somehow cause I don't remember drinking all that much... but I was pretty hungover the next day! All in all, not a bad Australia day...













No comments: