Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Tomorrow! Tomorrow!


I love ya! Tomorrow!

I know you hate me right now for getting that song in your head, but it's worth it. Tomorrow I go to the Doc's for my post-op appointment and cast removal! And possible stitches removal? (Not sure if they are dissolveable or not.) I also don't know what will be put on my foot in place of the cast... probably a small bandage of some sort? But I do know that if all goes to plan, I'll leave in a big black boot, walking on two feet! Well kind of walking. I'll only be allowed to put 10% of my weight on my left heel, but it's better than no weight at all.

I can tell that my foot is ready for this next step. It involuntary twitches a lot... like it just wants to MOVE. It used to kind of twinge and hurt when it would twitch, but now it doesn't. It kind of feels good to move my toes every so often. Sometimes I move them just to make sure I still can. It's weird that it takes so much effort to move my toes the tiniest bit. I feel like Uma Thurman in Kill Bill, in the back of the truck, willing her toe to move. I have a feeling there will be more of this in my future. Especially when I go to Physical Therapy.

Anyways, it's been a while since I had a real foot update, so I thought I would post since I am SO excited about tomorrow. Mostly I am excited to be able to get my foot wet!! Yay for clean feet.

Oh, and yes... there will be LOTS of gross pictures posted tomorrow. :-) Stay tuned!

No comments: