Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Back home in Boulder

So I've been in Boulder over a week now and it's been craaaazy fun! I got in on the 30th with no delays, which was pretty surprising actually. Wait, that's not true... it took forever to get my luggage because the airport was still all messed up from the snowstorms and they were using one luggage carousel for 10 different flights. Poor Eric sat at the gas station for quite a while waiting to pick me up. Thanks again Eric... you rock. :-) That night most people were busy going to shows, so Eric and I went bowling with some of his friends which is always a good time. On New Years Eve Me, Bret, Eric, Matt and Bret's mom went to Rose Hill Drive at the Boulder Theatre. Google or myspace them.... they are AWESOME. And the show frickin ROCKED. Sooooooo good. I didn't even risk taking my camera to the show as it was a bit of a drunken night. Pre-show Eric and I cooked up a Roasted Halibut with Tomatoes and Saffron recipe from my new Bon Appetit cookbook. It was soooooo tasty. And I am no longer intimidated by cooking fish! Also Bret got to open his special Aussie present... Simpson's Scrabble! Hell yeah!




Later that week, Bret and I met up with an old friend Juan and some of his buddies at the Southern Sun. Always a good time, even when you have to wait 2 hours for a table!





Bret and I also went to a hockey game this week. My first live hockey game! Pretty fun!



This past weekend I was invited up to Steamboat Springs with the boys. We stayed at this super nice condo and spent lots of time snowboarding, and drowning our sore muscles and aches and pains in alcohol ;-) Thanks again for the best weekend ever!!

It started dumping on Friday as we were leaving...


On the drive up... Beautiful snow and sunset!









Friday night we explored Steamboat's night life...






Mike, Nick and Eric






Maria and Nick... starting to get a little silly... ;-)


Eric kicking my ass at the shotgun game. Check out the dude picking his nose behind Eric...... Nice.


Our room in the condo... soooo nice!


Right before leaving... group shot in front of the fireplace.
Me, Eric, Tom, and Mike

No comments: