Saturday, November 15, 2008

Annie Scissorhands

My hairdresser Annie is very scissor-happy. This is why I have avoided getting a haircut since June. I was trying to grow my hair longer; see what it would like like somewhat long and with bangs. It wasn't turning out good. I finally acquiesced to the hair gods, and scheduled an appointment. I went in with every intention of keeping some of the length. "Just get rid of this mullet thing in the back," I told her. That was all it took. Next thing I know the back is shorter, the sides are shorter, and they just keep going skyward. But, with every snip of the scissors or wisp of the razor through my hair, we both found ourselves saying, "Wow, this is looking cute!" So I sat back, relaxed, and let Annie do her thing. Annnnd...voila!

I love it!! And I can't wait to play around with it tomorrow! Down and poufy, half up-half down, tousled, flipped out, just air-dry and go?? The possibilities are endless!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love this! i think i even like it better than the wings. as much as i love having curly hair, i am super jealous of all the options people w straight hair have. i've always wanted to do the little pixie cut! but you saw what happened when i chopped all my hair off in college. i looked like bettie boop.

Unknown said...

I love it too! did seeing the pics from my haircut inspire you? You would never know that years ago neither of us would cut our hair short lol

Kezza said...

I liked the pics you showed me Meg, but I really didn't mean for it to end up like this! It just happened!