Tuesday, November 25, 2008

San Diego Trip Report - Part One

Left work early, and got into San Diego around 7pm on Thursday. Maia was actually waiting for me when I walked outside the terminal! I think that's a first!!

We promptly went to the Starlite Lounge for some cocktails and catching up. While there was a slight chill in the air, I could tell already that it was going to be much warmer than Boulder. I could also smell the ocean in the air, which was pretty exciting.

Went to bed at a decent hour on Thursday night because I had to wake up early to drive Maia to work, so I could use her car for the day. Had an awesome time playing tourist in San Diego all day Friday! First I went to Cabrillo National Monument and checked out the tide pools. Then I went to Torrey Pines State Reserve and went on a short coastal hike. After that I drove down to Mission Beach and strolled along the Strand/beach until it was time to pick up Maia from work. Here's the pics!


No comments: