Tuesday, November 25, 2008

San Diego Trip Report - Part Three

Sunday, Maia and I woke up early and headed to Coronado. First, we ate brunch at the Crown Bistro. It was pretty tasty! Then we walked down to the beach near the Hotel del Coronado. From their website:

"Since it was first built more than 120 years ago, the Hotel del Coronado has been a beacon of grandeur and refinement among vacation destinations in Southern California and the world. With its iconic red-shingled roof adding a dash of majestic color to the dazzling azure Pacific coastline, The Del stands as the definitive example of what a luxury resort should be."

Well, it was pretty cool looking, and nice. Maia was intent on sneaking into their pool deck and using their hot tub. I was less inclined. First we hit up the beach for a while. It was the perfect temperature for laying out in the sun. Not too hot, not too cold. After a while, we decided we needed some pina coladas. I tried to steer Maia towards the public bar, but she was intent on the hot tub. I followed her to the door to the pool deck, thinking it would be locked and you would need a room key to enter. Well, you DO need a room key, but someone had left the door cracked open, so we were able to walk right in! Success! Pina coladas were enjoyed in the hot tub, and soon we had to bolt to make sure I got to the airport in time for my flight.

Overall, a pretty kickass vacation. I gotta say, I'm a pretty huge fan of San Diego! Can't wait to go back. Next time I'm totally taking a surfing lesson!



No comments: