Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hair update


One of my best friends (also 27) has high cholesterol. I have a bald spot. I think it's fair to say that we are now officially O-L-D.

Since I don't want people to worry about me too much, here's a quick update on the whole hair-loss ordeal. I had it checked out by my main doctor yesterday. It is indeed alopecia areata and unfortunately, doctor's don't really know too much about it, and there is no "cure". It could be related to my thyroid. OR, alopecia is an auto-immune disorder, and some thyroid problems are caused by auto-immune issues, so I could also be harboring some underlying endocrinological auto-immune diesase (not to mention, my affinity for medical geek speak. I love big words!)

So my thyroid levels are getting checked out, and my doctor will discuss things with my endocrinologist, and then we'll see where we go from there. Probably the old monitor-and-watch routine, since I've already decided I'm not going to treat it unless it gets worse. Unless you're one of my 5 faithful blog readers, you'd never know I was a potential Rogaine candidate.

"I'm not just the President; I'm also a client!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

faithful as in dependable or faithful as in monogamous? b/c although i'm dependable, let's just say i read around.....